Polish Institute for Human Rights and Business (PIHRB)
Polish Institute for Human Rights and Business (PIHRB) is an independent, non-profit and impartial think tank offering advanced expertise in Human Rights and Business, labour law and relations, social unrest, stakeholder engagement and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), as well as educational and awareness raising programmes.
- co-initiated creation of the CSR Watch Coalition Poland, to create a representative partner for government in the area of human rights and business
- is a member of the international NGOs platforms like European Coalition for Corporate Justice, OECD Watch
- in 2019 joined the Electronics Watch Monitoring Partners network
- cooperates with recognized academic institutions like University of Oslo, University of Warsaw, University of Bergen, Jagiellonian University, Vistula AFIB
- cooperates with UN Global Compact Poland providing it with advice on human rights and business. PIHRB is also a member of the UN Global Compact initiative.
Our Communication on Engagement for the period 2016-2018
- were involved in several projects, such as:
- Valuing Respect Project by Shift aimed to research and co-create better ways of evaluating business respect for human rights);
- Improving Access to Remedy in Central & Eastern Europe (in collaboration with SOMO / OECD Watch);
- Sustainable Market Actors for Responsible Trade with a task to identify the legal barriers to sustainable and responsible business performance in Polish jurisdiction and help design solution (SMART is a Horizon 2020-funded project coordinated by University of Oslo)
- several social auditing projects, including as part of the Electronics Watch network
- have organized a number of both by-invitation and open events including e.g.:
- European Coalition for Corporate Justice AGM (May 2019);
- Seminar on Inclusive Culture in cooperation with and funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (May 2019). Selected texts from the publication are reprinted in February 2020 issue of “Personel & Zarządzanie” journal (Personnel & Management)
- session on ‘Regional dialogue: lessons learned, challenges, innovation – Eastern Europe” during the 2019 UN Forum on Business and Human Rights (UN Forum on BHR) in Geneva in cooperation with the UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights (Nov. 2019)
- session “Regulating for corporate governance that respects human rights. Achieving a step-change in business and society relationships” at the 2019 UN Forum on BHR.(Nov. 2019)
- CEE Multi-stakeholder consultations as part of the Valuing Respect Project by Shift (Oct.2019) and mini-consultations concerning Business Models Red Flags (Dec.2019)
- have been involved in teaching and training aimed for students:
- designed and delivered whole day case-study based workshop as part of the Rights2Be Forum with ELSA Poland (incl. coordination of involvement of 6 experts-mentors from various sectors)
- delivered guest lectures at the University of Bergen, Norway (Master Course on Business and Human Rights), Vistula University (Warsaw), etc.
PIHRB does not promote any specific political agenda.
PIHRB is registered as a foundation – entry into the Court’s Register nr KRS 0000505623.
- Wytyczne dotyczące praw człowieka i biznesu. Wdrażanie Dokumentu Ramowego ONZ „Chronić, Szanować i Naprawiać”, Polski Instytut Praw Człowieka i Biznesu, Częstochowa 2014
- Ramy sprawozdawczości zgodnej z Wytycznymi ONZ dotyczącymi biznesu i praw człowieka, Polski Instytut Praw Człowieka i Biznesu, Częstochowa 2015
- Faracik B., Szymonek J. „Zrównoważone zamówienia publiczne. Możliwości, bariery, strategie”, Fundacja Kupuj Odpowiedzialnie, Warszawa 2015
- Sustainable Public Procurement in Poland (2014-2015)
If your inquiry concerns specific project or issue (e.g. collaboration possibility, training, etc.) please contact: